Beef rolls filled with Bacon, Pickles and Onions
- 1hr 10mins
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 1 hr
- 4 slices bacon, raw
- 1 lb beef sirloin, 4 thin slices
- 4 teaspoons prepared German mustard
- 2 dill pickles, cut in spears
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef stock
- Season slices of sirloin with salt pepper and paprika.
- Spread each slice of meat with a thin layer of Mustard.
- Add some pepper and paprika.
- Top meat with a slice of bacon and several dill pickle spears and Onion .
- Place the filling off center closer to the edges of the meat .
- Roll the steaks around the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, than meat rolls.
- Cook meat to brown, giving it a turn every 2 to 3 minutes.
- When evenly browned,add 1 Cup Beef Stock, and simmer for about 20 min, make sure you don’t reduce liquid too much. Repeat this step two more times, giving it enough time to get tender, but not overcooked.
- Take out meat, transfer to a plate. Add flour(mixed with about 1/2 Cup cold water) to the hot liquid and whisk together, cooking 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add more Beefstock if needed.
- You may replace Beefstock with Water, cutting down on Sodium.
- Season with salt and pepper, and a little more paprika if needed.
- If the Gravy gets too thick, add a bit of water.
- Remove toothpicks from meat,move to plates,and top with gravy.
Serve with Sauerkraut and Dumplings.