This is my design.
Quick, easy and delicous. This recipe is for two servings at most if added to pasta of your choice, a salad and garlic toast. An indulgent meal for one all by itself!
- 6 jumbo white zipper back shrimp, raw peeled and deveined
- 1 small zucchini
- 4 large white mushrooms
- ¼ each of sweet green and red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove sliced very thin
- Pinch of dried basil (I used my boxwood grown last year, still nice and fragrant)
- Pinch of dried oregano (my hot & spicy variety also from last year)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Splash of sherry
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the zucchini, mushrooms and peppers into bite sized chunks. Drizzle with olive oil and toss in large mixing bowl with basil, oregano, salt and pepper until thoroughly coated. Add more oil if required.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in large sauté pan to medium heat. Fry the garlic just until it begins to brown then remove the bits from the pan and discard. Add the shrimp and quickly stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes, just until they begin to turn pink. Remove immediately from heat and into a bowl, place that bowl on ice or in the fridge. The idea is to stop the cooking process, you don’t want to overcook the shrimp and make them chewy.
- Dump the vegetable mix into the pan on medium heat. Stir fry for a few minutes, adding a splash of sherry after a bit. Continue the stir fry until the zucchini begins to brown then add the shrimp back in and toss/stir fry for a 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetable/shrimp mix, tossing and stir frying briefly until the cheese melts and begins to crust over brown.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
Serves two if served over freshly cooked pasta of your choice, green salad and some garlic bread. Serves one if that is all you want!!