This is my design.
Another recipe for one, serve with some re-fried beans and a salad for a tasty satisfy meal. The baking powder (NOT baking soda, that is an epic fail waiting to happen) really helps create the crispy effect.
- 3 chicken wings separated and tips cut off/discarded
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon flour
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Rinse wings under water and pat dry with paper towel, set aside
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and mix well
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into another bowl (large enough to hold all the wings)
- Place wings in lime juice, let them soak up the juice for 10-15 minutes giving them a stir once or twice
- Give each piece of chicken a good shake to remove excess lime juice, the dump them all into the bowl of dry ingredients. Toss quickly until coated evenly but be quick about it!! Don’t let the dry mix clump up on the wings.
- On a small baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or foil coated with cooking spray, arrange the wings evenly spaced. Bake for 40-45 minutes, turning halfway through.
If you have a favourite dipping sauce for your wings, have at ‘er