Yet another take on one of my favourite flavour combinations for a quick chicken dinner. Cilantro, lime, beer and any number of other ingredients to create a tasty main dish. Kind of Mex-Tex I suppose.
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp Colman’s dry mustard powder
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch allspice
- zest and juice of one medium sized lime
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper de-veined, de-seeded and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves well chopped
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in skin removed
- 200 ml honey brown ale
- Add all ingredients except the chicken in large sealable glass dish, mix well. Add the chicken ensuring there is enough liquid to cover the chicken. You may have to add a little more beer so don’t be in a big hurry to drink all the leftover from the bottle just yet! Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Now you can drink the remaining beer.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Remove chicken from marinade and place in either a non-stick baking dish or one coated with vegetable spray. Bake for covered for 45 minutes, serve with rice and re-fried beans.
Using a slotted spoon, ladle the chopped onion and jalapenos over the chicken once placed in baking dish.