This dish won’t melt your face off but it will catch your attention with the spice level.
- ½ of a bone in chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 398ml can of Aurora brand cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, cored seeds removed and sliced into rings
- ¼ cup chopped sweet red and green pepper each
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Preheat over to 350F
- Place chicken bone side down in medium sized glass baking dish coated with vegetable spray
- Place all other ingredients in mixing bowl and combine well. Pour over the chicken and place in oven on middle rack.
- Bake for 1 hour then give a gentle stir, reduce heat to 200F and continue baking for approx. 15-20 minutes. Check frequently, what you want is to reduce the amount of liquid until isn’t runny but will spoon over nicely your side dish and the chicken itself.
- Remove from heat, serve over rice with re-fried beans or whatever.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella over the sauce, Monterey Jack or something similar would work too. Made a nice gooey counterpoint to the zippy tomato sauce.